Thursday 23 October 2014

Aylesbury Park Run - Age Grades

One of the best things about Parkrun is that the results are published every week. You register on the Parkrun website and print off a bar code. At the finish line you are given a token which shows your position and this is scanned alongside you bar code. So when the results come out (usually the same day) you can not only find your time, but your place according to age category.


Even better (for me especially) is an age grade. This is determined by age and gender. And because of my age, I get a really generous grading. So a week ago I actually came fifth on age grade out of a field of over a hundred runners.. I did run an unofficial PB at 26 minutes 21 seconds, the official PB was in fact on a slightly shorter course. Thank you Parkrun for encouraging us older runners.

No comments: