Thursday 25 August 2011

131 Songs - Numbers 103 and 104


Number 103 - bones and a name by Nina Gordon

Not my favourite Nina Gordon track, although it is still good to listen to all her songs. But what makes this recording is the drum roll towards the end. There is a quiet section in the middle when the drumming starts, getting louder as it crashes at the end of the sequence. The drumming in Buddy Holly's  "Peggy Sue" (see song number 7 on my list) used to be my favourite, but this beat from Joey Waronker tops the lot.

Number 104 - the times comes by Nina Gordon

This track follows the one above on her album "bleeding heart graffiti", (the lack of capitals is all Nina) and this is the only time two consecutive songs make my list. For me, this is her stand out track, as I mentioned in my posting of 1st September 2009. Two years have gone by, and I haven't changed my mind.

No comments: