Tuesday 27 July 2010

36 Birthday Cards


Alison has always maintained that she prefers receiving cards to presents, so for her birthday (that ends in a zero), I was on a mission to see how many family, friends and neighbours I could find to send her a card. And everybody that I phoned or e-mailed came up trumps. I think Alison was very happy with such a surprise, and has been saying that they will stay up for weeks.

Her (ex?) work colleagues at SBBJV all signed a card, and so did the committee from Wendover Choral Society. Even some old friends that Alison had not been in contact with for ages, and who didn't respond to my email, sent a card, and even one long letter. Which meant she has been getting in touch with them over the last two days. And the last card arrived today from Australia. Thank you Gina and Facebook.

No comments: