Tuesday 18 December 2007

A year ago today

It is hard to believe that I retired on the Tuesday before Christmas last year. The last 12 months have gone so quickly, possibly even faster than they did while I was working. I am quite pleased with my blog, and I see there are over 70 entries. I hope I can keep this up.

My main retirement project is the history of Edward Seymour's protectorship for the three years from 1547 to 1549. I had no idea it would take so long. This year has primarily been about background reading. Since my blog of 27th November, I have found Hester Chapman's The Last Tudor King and passages from Alison Plowden's The Young Elizabeth and David Starkey's Elizabeth. I have a routine of taking notes by hand and then typing them on the computer. These are now all complete and in January I can start amalgamating them by cut and paste. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: