Monday 3 September 2007

Transformers, The Bourne Ultimatum and Knocked Up

The last of the summer blockbusters. Transformers did have some good action sequences with a light and funny story. Unfortunately, the talking machines made me cringe and spoilt what could have been a great action movie.

The Bourne Ultimatum lived up to its reviews. The one reason why it did not reach my maximum five stars was the repetitiveness of the fights with assassins and car chases that were also in the previous films.

I should have known better than going to see Knocked Up. It attracted great reviews, but for some reason, I just don't like American comedies. And this was no exception. There were some minor cameo appearances (the guy's father, the girl's mother and the assistant at the TV station). But the lead characters had zero appeal. The best thing was afterwards, when some of the action I found amusing in retrospect. Come back Hugh Grant.

No comments: