Monday 17 September 2007

Not So Easy Retirement


After having painted the porch and side gate, I only needed to paint the conservatory and the whole of the exterior of the house would be fresh having had the new windows and doors installed. I said only. The conservatory is hardwood that had been painted white. So after nearly ten years there were patches that needed attention, even though most of the woodwork was still fine. I had made a note of what paint they used before and found some via the Internet.

It was a much harder and time consuming job than I imagined. There are so many window panels, it was all cutting in. And the constellation's or whatever the features are at the top, I cannot imagine why we chose those. Only that they look nice. On reflection, it only took 12 hours over four days, but it seemed twice that. However, the outside is done before the autumn, and I can now start the inside any time.

No comments: