Thursday 4 July 2024

Goodbye Cineworld Unlimited - and Hello Odeon my LIMITLESS Plus

 

It was sometime after I retired seventeen years ago that I registered for a Cineworld Unlimited card at Hemel Hempstead. My first red card was cancelled during Covid but then a black card arrived with some more benefits. 

But now the journey is becoming a little tiring, and sometimes the sound is too loud. There also seem to be fewer films that I want to see and I can still go to Hemel occasionally, or Aylesbury and the Rex at Berkhamsted. Anything over two hours is now too long, unfortunately, hence avoiding Furiosa. 

So thank you Cineworld for all those years of seventeen screens and free parking. Just a shame it was not a bit nearer.

This week I had a look what was on at the Odeon in Aylesbury and saw that there were positive reviews for A Quiet Place - Day One. Odeon have a monthly subscription called myLIMITLESS Plus. It was slightly more expensive than the standard price as Aylesbury is an Odeon Luxe. The seats are huge and the leg space massive. And still cheaper than Cineworld.  However, the screens are not as big and there will be slightly less choice of film. I don't get a card, everything is online and I just take my mobile phone. It worked!

No comments: