Monday 24 July 2023

Freya Ridings, Birdy and Adele

 

I rarely buy music on CD these days. It's possibly three years since I last posted a review. Even though three of my favourite artists brought out new albums in the last year, they do not have the same impact as before. That must be me. Of the three, Freya Ridings' Blood Orange is my favourite. I reviewed two of her albums in November 2019 that were full of great songs. Her latest includes some electronic beats that I have to turn off. There are a couple of classic tracks, Weekends is the strongest but the others seem too much like her previous recordings.

The new album from Birdy is much the same. Surrender is a classic but there are far too many ordinary songs for me.

I'm not sure why I bought the latest Adele music. Probably all the hype. It's either that my tastes have changed or she has. 

There are other artists whose latest albums I have avoided. First Aid Kit's Palomino is a good example. I have all their CD's but their latest seemed ordinary. It must be me.

No comments: