Friday 17 December 2021

My Favourite Christmas Movies

 


Number 1 - The Holiday

In contradiction to Mark Kermode's omission of The Holiday in his list of Christmas movies, I will make it number one. Kate Winslet at her winsome best.

Number 2 - White Christmas

It was hard to choose between this and Holiday Inn where the song first appeared.

Number 3 - A Christmas Carol

A toss up between the 1951 black and white Alistair Sim film and Patrick Stewart's modern version.

Number 4 - Miracle on 34th Street

The original 1947 version is a bit too old, (and I cannot remember Mark Kermode giving it a mention) so the 1994 remake with Richard Attenborough gets my vote.

Number 5 - Love Actually

The story by Richard Curtis is a perfect Christmas concoction.

Number 6 - Arthur Christmas

A reasonable animated movie. As is The Polar Express.

Number 7 - The Snowman and it's sequel The Snowman and the Snow Dog.

I have always liked these films, even if Mark ignored them.

Number 8 - Elf

I'm beginning to struggle to get a top ten. This is maybe a fun movie?

Number 9 - The Man Who Invented Christmas

A good take on the Dicken's character with excellent production values.

Number 10 - Die Hard

Anything to make sure It's a Wonderful Life is excluded from my list.

No comments: