Wednesday 18 November 2020

Wendover Woods, Pavis Wood, Aston Hill - The circular route revisited

 

It was a few years since I had walked one of my favourite Chiltern circuits. I started with the idea of walking from the car park at Wendover Woods to Pavis Wood and to come back the same way. However, once I had reached what I thought was my destination, I decided to walk on through Pavis Wood, down the hill at the end (using the tricky high level rocky path and not the low level muddy bridal way) and return climbing up Aston Hill. A two hour, six mile round trip.

Although the weather started off reasonably sunny, it soon clouded over and was pretty dark by the time I arrived back at the car. The paths were far less muddy once I reached Pavis Wood, so that decision worked fine.  Only I'm not used to long walks these days, so not sure how the run will go tomorrow.

No comments: