Monday 2 September 2019

Christ Church, Oxford


On the same day as my visit to The University of Oxford Botanic Garden, I had booked for a visit to Christ Church. Because it was the summer vacation, I was able to do the complete tour. With my e-ticket, I bypassed the queues through The Meadow Building entrance.


Following the tour route I came to the bottom of the Hall Staircase.


This leads to The Great Hall.



At the end is The High Table.


Although there were many tourists ( mainly Japanese) at least I didn't have to queue to get in as there was when I left.


Outside is Tom Quad.


From there I entered The Cathedral.




I liked the Jonah Window with it's painted glass.


Also the medieval "Watching Loft".


Last of all on the tour is Peckwater Quad.


The sun was still shining as I left to meet Alison for an early dinner at Comptoir Libanais at Westgate. The end to a perfect day.

No comments: