Monday 22 April 2019

Maidenhead Easter Ten


After the heat of last year's Milton Keynes Half Marathon, another very warm day for the Maidenhead Easter Ten Mile race. Unfortunately there was no shade from the sun that shone the whole time.

I knew early on that my pace was slower than the previous five times I had run this race. For the first five miles I was running conservatively at just under ten minutes per mile. However by mile six my pace had slowed and for the second half of the run I must have been averaging at 10 minutes 40 seconds a mile, my normal slow run pace.

My final time was 1 hour 44 minutes and 2 seconds, the slowest of all six of these events and over ten minutes slower than my PB.  I was also well down the field compared with previous years, although I did manage an age grade of just over 60% which seems a small miracle.


No comments: