Monday 8 October 2018

South Bucks 10 K



My first time at Black Park for the South Bucks 10 K. Alison had run it a couple of times before and said what a friendly event it was. I didn't like the sound of running on unclosed country roads, but as there were only 189 runners, it was never a problem. I wore the long sleeve top that Zoe gave me for Christmas as it had good visibility.

The weather was sunny but very chilly first thing. We ran in 7 degrees but mostly in the shade. The roads were lined with trees which made for a very pretty course. We both decided to use the race as a warm up for the Great South Run in two weeks time. So I started off steady which felt very comfortable. After half way I increased the speed and finished in 56 minutes 19 seconds. I was very pleased with the pace at 9.05. Alison was also happy with her 1.04.20.

Somehow I managed to come first out of four runners in the MV70+ category. There might have been a trophy if I had waited around. But Costa Coffee in Amersham was calling.


No comments: