Thursday 13 July 2017

Baby Driver Soundtrack


The soundtrack to Baby Driver is a real mixture of songs. These are my favourites:

Harlem Shuffle by Bob and Earl. Only because Baby's walk through the city has a great cinematic touch as we hear snatches of conversations from the people he passes.

Smokey Joe's La La by Googie Rene. At first I thought this was a Mason Williams track.

Unsquare Dance by Dave Brubeck. On one of my extremely old LP's. I hadn't heard this track for so long.

There are a number of rock tracks that were not to my taste but suited the occasion: for example NEAT NEAT NEAT by The Damned and Queen's Brighton Rock .

Easy by The Commodores. Sounded really good on the cinema's hi fi speakers.

Early in the Morning by Alexis Corner's Blues Incorporated. Recorded in 1965, I'm sure I saw this band play at the University of Sussex in 1966.

Nowhere to Run by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas.

When Something is Wrong with my Baby by Sam and Dave.

And of course the final song from Simon and Garfunkel. 

As a final comment, it just seemed too much that when Baby meets Debora, he has the T. Rex song with her name there on his iPod.

No comments: