Monday 6 March 2017

Milton Keynes Half Marathon


As can be seen by the photo, the weather forecasters got it completely wrong. We were supposed to have continuous rain for the Milton Keynes Half Marathon, but as Angie and I parked the car at just after ten, the rain had stopped. And we didn't have another drop during the race.

It was Angie's first half marathon (Alison was running the 10K so had to leave home earlier) and my third. The course had been advertised as flat, but I would have said it was more undulating. With that nasty hill at the end. The worst bit, though, was the flood under an underpass. Even at the edge it was ankle deep.


Although the weather stayed dry (and even the sun came out later on) it was very windy. Angie did very well, with a time of just over 1 hour 53 minutes and came a brilliant 13th of 106 in her age group. I was pleased with my 2 hours nine minutes, exactly between my times for Oxford and Reading. And second of five mad male runners over 70. Alison had run a good 10K at Winslow a week ago but was predictably slower yesterday. But still a very good 12th out of 43 in her age group.



A WEEK LATER
The following Certificate for 1st Male over 70 arrived out of the blue. The results still showed I was second, but on contacting the organisers, they confirmed that there was an error with the results and I was indeed first in that category. I can't think of a time when I came first in anything.


No comments: