Thursday 8 December 2016

10 Years of blogging

It was ten years ago today I published my first post on this blog. Apparently, I still had six days left at work before I retired and wanted to get the blog up and running.

So, ten years and 980 posts later, I continue to write about books, cinema, theatre, tv and anything that interests me. I have added bits about my various projects: the screenplay, family history and more recently the East Fen in Lincolnshire.

Apart from enjoying the whole process, I always wanted to keep my brain active once I retired, and the discipline of writing helps to do just that. I guess I always wanted to write. My place at Hull University to read Economics was, I thought, an entry to journalism. Thankfully my "A" Level grades were never good enough as I now know my actual career in construction provided a better outlet for my limited creativity.

So thank you to Alan Yentob who, in his programme "Imagine" in 2006, described all the new things on the internet like YouTube, Facebook and blogs. And to Google for the free platform. Here's to the next ten years.

No comments: