Thursday 10 July 2014

It was all free at John Lewis

Free car parking at High Wycombe John Lewis of course. With the added benefit of a free tea and cake (every month) courtesy of a "my John Lewis" free membership card. But even better, they did not charge me for a pair of dummy drawer clips.
Our John Lewis kitchen is now over six years old and the dummy drawer under the sink fell after the clip on the left broke. Finding a replacement online proved fruitless, but John Lewis came to the rescue. The new clip on the right is identical to the old one, so replicated the one on the other side of the drawer front. A short struggle to slide and push the front back in, and its nice to have the dummy drawer instead of an ugly gaping hole under the sink.
I'm always pleasantly surprised when I manage to fix anything. I used to be totally useless at anything practical, but over the years I have learnt that there are practical things I can do. It is just knowing your limitations.

No comments: