Tuesday 13 March 2012

My first running shoes

It is twenty seven years since I last did any running. The summer when I was 40, I used to run a circuit of The Rye in High Wycombe. However I got to the point early on when I seemed to stop improving, and gave up. But over the last few months when I have been out walking, I have occasionally broken into a short jog. So just over three weeks ago, Alison persuaded me to try a short run down the canal. I actually managed two miles with a break in the middle.

The first six runs have all been using my old Merrell trail shoes that are falling apart, and I decided it was time for some proper running trainers. I have never owned a pair before. I wore them for the first time yesterday and managed a good three miles, knocking a minute a mile off the last time I ran that distance. They made that much of a difference.

No comments: