Saturday 14 January 2012

Five years of retirement - Five years of my blog

The first five years of retirement have gone so fast. Each year has been special in it's own way. This year, for example, brought our exciting trip to America, combining Michael and Sara's wedding celebrations with a holiday taking in Boston and Cape Cod as well as out three nights in New York. My mother's family history has been an ongoing project, and I made quite a few discoveries. The background to the Askews and Cuthbertsons are described on this blog. Now that I have gone as far as I can with father's family, I successfully managed to create web pages with the help of FileZilla (a File Transfer Protocol) and courtesy of free web pages from Google and Ancestry.

The garden has taken on a new dimension this year. Planting in the new borders, created the year before, has meant I now have far more perennials than before. Not all in the right place, so some transplanting in the Spring will be called for. Book Club has continued despite the cancellation of the course at Tring school, and now meets every two months at The Bell in Aston Clinton. Tramping the footpaths of the Chiltern Hills and swimming every week still keeps me reasonably fit. Long may it continue.

No comments: