Monday 28 February 2011

The Oscars

Although The King's Speech triumphed at The Oscars, even Tom Hooper unexpectedly winning best director, it was not my favourite movie of the year. In fact I disagreed with all the following categories. These are my favourites:

Best Film - Inception

Best Director - Christopher Nolan for Inception

Best Actor - James Franco for 127 Hours

Best Actress - Noomi Rapache for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (and the trilogy)

Best Supporting Actor - Geoffrey Rush for The King's Speech

Best Supporting Actress - Helena Bonham Carter for The King's Speech

Having just been to see The Fighter, I nearly changed my mind and joined the Academy's choice of Christian Bale and Melissa Leo for the last two categories. Their performances were just a little over the top to get my vote.

No comments: