Friday 29 May 2009

Jackson Browne at The Royal Albert Hall


Possibly my only concert this year. This was my fourth time to see Jackson Browne. He always puts on a great show, this time with no support, starting ten minutes after the publicised start of 8 o'clock and, with one interval, playing until just before eleven. I was way up in the circle, not that far away, but very high. Although I was pleased with this photo using the zoom and wide angle lens on my brand new Panasonic camera.
I was glad he did so much of his old stuff, including Late for the Sky, The Pretender, Doctor my Eyes, Running on Empty, Fountain of Sorrow and my two favourites, For a Dancer and Before the Deluge. But the highlight of the evening for me was when he said "We don't play this one very often" and went into Take it Easy. I certainly had never seen him perform it, even though he wrote the song and gave it to The Eagles. His friend Glen Frey is credited with the co-writing, but he only added some lyrics to the odd verse, Jackson had written the song a couple of years before. Anyway, we all cheered like mad.
He ends like always with Load Out and Stay. A terrific concert, maybe this will be the last time .

No comments: