Monday 13 August 2007

Too busy to blog

I have just noticed that I have only posted one blog since the 10th July. This is probably because in the summer I like to be outside. Apart from spending time in the garden, there have been other jobs to catch up on like cementing the loose paved step, painting the side gate and filling and painting the porch at the front. All between having new windows and front and back doors installed, and having the alarm disconnected and then alterations to the installation at reconnection. Inside, the tiles next to the windows in the kitchen and conservatory had to come off and the trunking for the old alarm needed to come off and patched.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows arrived on the Saturday of publication. I read it quickly so I would find out what happened in the end. I thought it dragged in the middle, the concept of following the school year I thought was flawed as, being out in the countryside, there were gaps in the story where nothing happened. Contrary to most reviews, I enjoyed the ending more than the rest of the book. Neville to the rescue.

I enjoyed my first visit to MK Dons for a pre-season friendly game with Watford. The football for a League 2 side was better than expected. The brand new stadium is impressive and the parking was remarkably efficient with a reasonably quick exit. And only just over half an hour away.

I went to see "Bedroom Farce" at the Oxford Playhouse with Alison's running partner, Heather. It was an Alan Aykbourne revival and very funny. It was set in the master bedrooms of three different houses, all positioned together on the stage. The cast of four couples were all very good.

Today I have spent most of the time catching up with some correspondence and updating this blog. I do have to prune the clematis before the rain and gales tomorrow, so I had better get outside again.

No comments: