Friday 22 December 2006

An emotional day

When my last day finally arrived, it felt very strange and unreal. I put the finishing touches to the order documents for the concrete frame on South Mimms, following the meeting and the deal we did the day before. Made some recommendations on a few amendments to the Sub-Contract made by the piling company, and one last meeting with Jason, handing over the remaining bits on Alchemy, and that was it. Apart from having to disconnect my computer and pack it in the boxes sent from York.

All day there were things going on in the conference room from where I was specifically excluded. When Jenny and Lana returned at 5.15, I was finally let in to find banners, balloons and a magnificent buffet. It was a wonderful send off. Bob presented me with a Mont Blanc pen, so the collection must have been enormous. We all drank a tasty fizz and the toast was to a long and happy retirement. Everyone I could have wished for were there, and those that couldn't wished me well during the day.

It was the leaving do I would have chosen. I am going to miss everyone, especially some very good friends who know who they are.

No comments: