Although the Antirynums in the bedding border look fine in the photo above, they have been the least successful of all time. Straggly, falling over (now supported by props) and far too tall. Despite the fact that I gave them a chop over a month ago. Yes, they are colourful, thank goodness. But next year I think we might be back to dahlias.
The only colour in the main border is this delphinium "sky blue and white". I would have preferred a deeper colour, but at least it's flowering.
The cosmos I grew from seed are nearly all tiny and white and not worth a photo. All except this maroon one in that tiny border next to the conservatory. Maybe it's sheltered and gets warmth from the wall? Try some more next year.
Next is the hydrangea macrophila that was given to Alison. On the plus side, it loves it in the sheltered spot next to the roses. (I thought hydrangeas were difficult to grow). The downside is that it is tucked away and difficult to see. Hey ho.
The dianthus in pots seem to like the hot weather.
Next to the side patio, the echinacea and the verbena "lollipop" have survived.
But the best flowers of all are the roses. As advised, they never get any water, and some are flowering on repeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment